HOW TO CHANGE THE DRIVE LETTER
Few days ago my PC got some problems. And I need to reinstall my Windows 8. After installing a fresh Windows, I got surprised! Drive D was missing from my drive list!
What happened actually? D drive was automatically named as E. And all the drives' names were replaced by the next letter. Such as E with F, F with G and G with H. Though I don't the actual reason maybe it is caused by the new Windows, but I can show you how to get rid of this change.
If you face the same problem, or just want to change the name of your drives, you can follow my instruction.
- Right click on My Computer icon from desktop and select Manage.
- Now hit on the Disk Management from the left panel.
- Here you will get the list of your drives.
- Then right click on any drive that you wanna change, and hit on Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Now Click on the Change and Select another letter for this drive from drop down list.
- Finally hit on the OK button for twice. Open your Explorer to see the change.